Makes 16 – 20
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 15-20 min
- 60g (2oz) Caster Sugar
- 60g (2oz) Butter
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 60g (2oz) sifted plain flour
- 45g (1 1/2oz) chopped orange peel
- 45g (1 1/2oz) almond shivers or any nut of your choice
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp double cream
- 175g (6oz) milk or dark chocolate buttons
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (350F / Gas 4). Line and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put the sugar, butter and honey into a small saucepan, and melt over low heat. Allow to cool down until warm and stir in all the other ingredients except the chocolate.
- Using a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheets. Make sure to leave space between them as they will spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Leave them on the baking sheets for a few minutes, before lifting them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a bain marie by putting the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water and mix occasionally.
- Once the chocolate has melted, spread a thin layer of the chocolate on the bottom of each biscuit. Place the biscuits back in the wire tray with the chocolate facing up. Add a second layer of chocolate if desired.
- If stored in an airtight container they will keep for 5 days.