Place your order before 1pm to receive it in 1-2 days. Please allow extra days for EASTER Products. | Same-day Central London delivery available
- Pre-heat your oven to 110 degrees or gas mark 1/4.
- Put the egg whites in a large, very clean bowl with a pinch of salt and whisk with an electric mixer until white and increased in volume.
- Continue to whisk while adding the sugar and the whites will become beautifully glossy and stiff. You should be able to hold the bowl upside down and the mixture holds its shape.
- Line a baking tray with unbleached parchment paper.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue mixture into lovely organic shaped, wobbly mounds, with a little pointy peak.
- Sieve 2 tablespoons of good quality cocoa powder all over the meringues.
- Place in the oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Turn the oven off and leave the meringues inside until cool.
- To serve sandwich together with gently whipped cream, or pile up on a plate with a fruit coulis and plenty of fresh berries.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Be the first to know about Melt’s new collections, promotions and events