Pink Pavlova Recipe
Melt’s delicious pink pavlova recipe is a classic which is a favourite of founder Louise Nason. Here is our recipe!
- Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 110 degrees/gas mark 1/4.
- Put the eggs whites in a large, very clean bowl and whisk with an electric beater until opaque, verging on stiff, but still with a little wobble. Continue to whisk while adding the sugar ; the volume will continue to increase and the whites will turn glossy.
- Spoon the stiff, glossy mixture onto the baking tray and use a spatula to spread the mixture into a rough circle of even thickness, about 5 cm.
- Cook for 2 hours, then tun the oven off and leave the pavlova to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped rhubarb and sugar into a small pan and cook over a low heat for 20minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the rhubarb to a bowl with a slotted spoon, thus leaving the juice in the pan.
- Add the raspberries and sweet wine, or water to the pan and cook over a low heat for 5-10 minutes. Return the rhubarb to the pan, mix and leave to cool.
- Whip the double cream until it has thickened slightly, but not clumpy and dry.
- Smother over the cooled pavlova and top with the cooled, pink hued rhubarb and raspberry and their juices.
- Serve in summer with a group of friends.
Read about our delicious Chocolate Sauce Recipe to create a delicious pairing.