Makes 16 – 20
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 15-20 min
- 60g (2oz) Caster Sugar
- 60g (2oz) Butter
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 60g (2oz) sifted plain flour
- 45g (1 1/2oz) chopped orange peel
- 45g (1 1/2oz) almond shivers or any nut of your choice
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp double cream
- 175g (6oz) milk or dark chocolate buttons
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (350F / Gas 4). Line and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put the sugar, butter and honey into a small saucepan, and melt over low heat. Allow to cool down until warm and stir in all the other ingredients except the chocolate.
- Using a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheets. Make sure to leave space between them as they will spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Leave them on the baking sheets for a few minutes, before lifting them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a bain marie by putting the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water and mix occasionally.
- Once the chocolate has melted, spread a thin layer of the chocolate on the bottom of each biscuit. Place the biscuits back in the wire tray with the chocolate facing up. Add a second layer of chocolate if desired.
- If stored in an airtight container they will keep for 5 days.
Why gift Melt Chocolates?
All our chocolates are beautifully handmade by our award-winning chocolatiers.
Fresh from Notting Hill using natural ingredients.
Our sublime chocolates stay delicious for weeks.
You can add a gift message for the lucky recipient at checkout - personalising your gift.
We beautifully package our orders with care, so they arrive safely in plastic free packaging.
WHY FRESH IS BETTER…
Melt’s chocolates are freshly made in our Notting Hill and Holland Park kitchens by our world-class chocolatiers.
Because our chocolates are fresh, handcrafted and we use the best natural ingredients we can reduce the sugar content, artificial flavours, stabilisers and other chemical preservatives.
This means our chocolates taste sensational-unlike chocolates you have ever tasted before. Fresh natural ingredients are best for taste and for your health.
The handmade chocolates are some of the best we’ve tasted – we’ve come to expect nothing less of Melt London.
- The Independent
A favourite in the West End, Melt is a charming and chic boutique that specialises in fresh handmade chocolates, carefully crafted by world-class chocolatiers.
- Evening Standard
Melt gift boxes are completely plastic-free as we care about our environment and our oceans. Gift a pristine ocean to our children by reducing single-use plastic packaging – Melt has been at the vanguard of this movement for over 15 years. We deliver our online chocolates with an electric zero-emissions van.