Ganache filled Bonbons
You will need:
- 100g Whipping or Single Cheam
- 100g Milk or Dark Chocolate buttons
- 15g Unsalted butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- Chocolate round shells
- Piping bag
This recipe will make approximately 20 bonbons.
- Cut the butter in small cubes and leave to reach room temperature so its easier to melt later on.
- Add the chocolate buttons in a bowl.
- Place the cream and a pinch of salt in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir with a whisk from the centre without aerating.
- Once melted add the butter and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag. Place on a cold surface until it has cooled.
- Use the piping bag to pipe the ganache into the chocolate shells. Ideally, the filled bonbons should be left overnight on a counter. (15C to 20C, not in the fridge).
- Temper chocolate (See How to Temper Chocolate link) and seal the top with it using a pipping bag ir the tip of your finger.
- Add the chocolate into a bowl and dip or roll by hand the shell. Before the chocolate sets add the toppings of your choice.
Several flavours can be added when you boil the cream such as tea leaves, ground coffee, herbs, spices, essences, etc. After boiling add the item, leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes, then boil again and pour over the chocolate.
Instead of using cream you can use fruit puree.
Liquor can be added after making the ganache.
Why gift Melt Chocolates?
All our chocolates are beautifully handmade by our award-winning chocolatiers.
Fresh from Notting Hill using natural ingredients.
Our sublime chocolates stay delicious for weeks.
You can add a gift message for the lucky recipient at checkout - personalising your gift.
We beautifully package our orders with care, so they arrive safely in plastic free packaging.
WHY FRESH IS BETTER…
Melt’s chocolates are freshly made in our Notting Hill and Holland Park kitchens by our world-class chocolatiers.
Because our chocolates are fresh, handcrafted and we use the best natural ingredients we can reduce the sugar content, artificial flavours, stabilisers and other chemical preservatives.
This means our chocolates taste sensational-unlike chocolates you have ever tasted before. Fresh natural ingredients are best for taste and for your health.
A favourite in the West End, Melt is a charming and chic boutique that specialises in fresh handmade chocolates, carefully crafted by world-class chocolatiers.
- Evening Standard
From beautifully detailed truffles and chocolates to candied orange slices dipped in dark chocolate, the love, care and craftmanship of all their products is simply outstanding.
Melt gift boxes are completely plastic-free as we care about our environment and our oceans. Gift a pristine ocean to our children by reducing single-use plastic packaging – Melt has been at the vanguard of this movement for over 15 years. We deliver our online chocolates with an electric zero-emissions van.