Melt’s delicious pink pavlova recipe is a classic which is a favourite of founder Louise Nason. Here is our recipe!
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 4 Egg whites
- 350g Caster sugar
- 1tsp Sweet wine or water
- 150ml Double cream
- Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 110C degrees.
- Put the eggs whites in a large, very clean bowl and whisk with an electric beater until opaque, verging on stiff, but still with a little wobble. Continue to whisk while adding the sugar; the volume will continue to increase and the whites will turn glossy.
- Spoon the stiff, glossy mixture onto the baking tray and use a spatula to spread the mixture into a rough circle of even thickness, about 5 cm.
- Cook for 2 hours, then turn the oven off and leave the pavlova to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped rhubarb and sugar into a small pan and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the rhubarb to a bowl with a slotted spoon, thus leaving the juice in the pan.
- Add the raspberries and sweet wine, or water to the pan and cook over a low heat for 5-10 minutes. Return the rhubarb to the pan, mix and leave to cool.
- Whip the double cream until it has thickened slightly, but not clumpy and dry.
- Smother over the cooled pavlova and top with the cooled, pink hued rhubarb and raspberry and their juices.
- Serve in summer with a group of friends.
Read about our delicious Chocolate Sauce Recipe to create a delicious pairing.
Why gift Melt Chocolates?
All our chocolates are beautifully handmade by our award-winning chocolatiers.
Fresh from Notting Hill using natural ingredients.
Our sublime chocolates stay delicious for weeks.
You can add a gift message for the lucky recipient at checkout - personalising your gift.
We beautifully package our orders with care, so they arrive safely in plastic free packaging.
WHY FRESH IS BETTER…
Melt’s chocolates are freshly made in our Notting Hill and Holland Park kitchens by our world-class chocolatiers.
Because our chocolates are fresh, handcrafted and we use the best natural ingredients we can reduce the sugar content, artificial flavours, stabilisers and other chemical preservatives.
This means our chocolates taste sensational-unlike chocolates you have ever tasted before. Fresh natural ingredients are best for taste and for your health.
The handmade chocolates are some of the best we’ve tasted – we’ve come to expect nothing less of Melt London.
- The Independent
A favourite in the West End, Melt is a charming and chic boutique that specialises in fresh handmade chocolates, carefully crafted by world-class chocolatiers.
- Evening Standard
Melt gift boxes are completely plastic-free as we care about our environment and our oceans. Gift a pristine ocean to our children by reducing single-use plastic packaging – Melt has been at the vanguard of this movement for over 15 years. We deliver our online chocolates with an electric zero-emissions van.