Sorry - this product is no longer available
The Survival Kit
Dark Chocolate is a fruit which is long lasting. There is no water in chocolate and cocoa butter is very stable. Bacteria cannot survive without water and therefore dark chocolate is great for storage at room temperature and doesnt require freezing or refrigeration. Think of it as a long-life fruit.
Dark Chocolate is considered a perfect food, a fermented fruit with high energy that is packed with Vitamins and Minerals.
The Military know well that Chocolate is the perfect survival food which is why the British Army has chocolate in its ration packs - often milk chocolate for the higher protein.
Dark fruits of the forest are mixed with bittersweet chocolate. Packed with anti-oxidants from blackcurrants, quinoa and high cocoa dark chocolate., this bar seeks to protect the mind, the heart and to fight ageing.
Other than chocolate one of the other foods that are great for your immune system are nuts. Nuts are full of antioxidants and vitamins and are also a great source of the mineral zinc, which really helps the immune system.
Why do we call Chocolate the "perfect food"?
1. High in energy: A 100g bar provides 540 kcal, part of your 2,000 calorie daily requirement. Meaning 25% of your daily requirement.
2. It's packed with minerals: Zinc which is known to be important for boosting your immune system. Chocolate contains 2.3 mg or 24% of your daily allowance, along with Calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium and selenium.
3. Chocolate makes you happy and boosts your morale. Chocolate contains tryptophan, a chemical in the brain that is used to produce the neurotransmitter, serotonin. High levels of serotonin stimulate the secretion of endorphins and produce feelings of elation. Serotonin is found in modern antidepressant drugs.
4. Chocolate also contains a chemical called phenylethylamine. High levels of this neurotransmitter help promote feelings of attraction, excitement, and giddiness.
5. Chocolate helps protecting your cardiovascular system by increasing blood flow. The cocoa bean is rich in a class of plant nutrients called flavonoids. Flavonoids protect plants from environmental toxins and help repair damage. We also benefit from this "antioxidant" power. such as lowering blood pressure, improving blood flow to the brain and heart.
6. Chocolate contains significant quantities of Vitamins: such as Vitamins A, Thiamine (B1) Riboflavin (B2) niacin (B3), vitamin B6, Folate B9Vitamin B12, choline and Vitamin E and Vitamin K.
Weight: 3x 90g min
||Why Fresh is Better
Ingredients: 72% Dark chocolate ( cocoa solids, unrefined sugar, cocoa butter, sunflower lecithin), quinoa, freeze dried blackcurrant.
Allergens in Bold.
We use nuts, peanuts, seeds, soya, dairy and gluten in all our kitchens.
Environmentally friendly: Melt's Easter Eggs are completely plastic-free as we care about our environment and our oceans. Gift a pristine ocean to our children by reducing single-use plastic packaging - Melt has been at the vanguard of this movement for over 10 years.
This product has a 1-year shelf life.